Thursday, February 5, 2015

[Review+Swatch] Jordana 2015 Modern Matte Lipstick Collection, Balm Stains, & Lip Liners



Happy hump day! We're halfway through the week. :) Today's post is another lipstick collection - this time from Jordana's new 2015 line. First up, I have their Modern Matte Lipsticks. All of my swatches were taken in natural daylight. I noticed these looked cooler on my lip than on my skin. They look more like a true matte with much less sheen than the Milani or ColourPop mattes. Application is smooth and creamy, and the lipstick will dry down and set in about 5-10 minutes. Most of these were very staining, especially the darker/brighter colors.

Bare, Blush, Frappucino, Tease, Classy, Adorable
01 Bare: "deep pink nude."
02 Blush: nude.
03 Frappucino: "rich brown nude." This one has orange undertones to it.
04 Tease: "rosy pink."
05 Classy: dusty mauve pink.
06 Adorable: "bubblegum pink."

Popular, It Girl, Dare, Pretty, Caliente, Style
07 Popular: deep, blue-toned pink.
08 It Girl: bright fuchsia.
09 Dare: "deep berry." Applies a little unevenly, but it's not too noticeable.
10 Pretty: "terracotta."
11 Caliente: hot, warm-toned red.
12 Style: "true red."


I also have swatches of the two new balm stains and lip liners. The balm stains reminded me of two that I already owned -Honey Love and Cranberry Crush - so I swatched them together below.

Rose Crush, Pink Love, Honey Love, Gorgeous Peony, Fresh Fig, Cranberry Crush
Rose Crush (liner): warm rose. Easy to apply and covers well.
Pink Love (liner): deep muted pink. It's also warm-toned and applies easily.
Honey Love (balm stain): medium plum-pink. Perfect MLBB shades and leaves behind a similar stain.
Gorgeous Peony (balm stain): "sheer nude pink." It's lighter and pinker than Honey Love. This one leaves behind a warm pink stain with a tinge of orange. It'll change throughout the day, so be aware of that.
Fresh Fig (balm stain): "deep crimson red."
Cranberry Crush (balm stain): sheer cranberry red. It's not as dark as the packaging, but deeper and cool-toned compared to Fresh Fig.


Final Thoughts

Modern Mattes: Nearly all of these applied beautifully. Dare was a little uneven, but still looked okay. I don't remember any of these emphasizing dry spots or lip lines. Some shades set faster than others, but once they set, they won't transfer. They can feel a little dry once they set, but I'd say the wear is still comfortable. One con I should mention is the fragrance. It's the sweet, waxy smell some lip products can have. Not a fan of it, but it does fade within an hour. Overall, I really liked these. My favorites were Bare, Tease, and It Girl.

Easyliners + Balm Stains: I love that the liners are retractable, which makes them so purse friendly. Both colors applied smoothly without skipping or tugging. I'm a fan of Jordana Balm Stains - I reach for them more than my Revlon ones. They're moisturizing and glossy and great for low maintenance looks. The new shades apply smoothly and can be worn sheer (1-2 swipes) or built up in 4-5 swipes.

Availability: Jordana Cosmetics is available online at jordanacosmetics.com or in stores at Walgreens. Modern Mattes (0.12oz/3.52g) retail for $2.49 each. Easyliners (.009oz/.25g) retail for $1.99 each. The Balm Stains (0.095oz/ 2.7g) retail for $2.99 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)