Tuesday, January 27, 2015

[Review+Swatch] Zoya Naturel Satins Ana



Quick and simple swatch today! :) This is Ana from Zoya's new satin finish collection for Spring 2015. The collection features soft, muted colors to flawlessly transition you from winter to spring. The satin finish is described as a "hybrid between matte and glossy polishes and is not intended to be worn with a top coat." I believe the finish is similar to those labeled vinyl or rubber from other brands.


Ana, 4 coats: a "light toasted almond cream" satin. Mine applied a little unevenly, but was passable at 3 coats. I did an additional coat for pictures. I've seen reviews stating opacity at two coats however, so maybe mine was a dud? With that said, I found dry time to be perfect: slow enough to take your time applying, but fast enough to move onto the next coat. The polish levels nicely as it dries, and I think it's best applied in medium coats.


I was in the mood for something Valentine's Day inspired that wasn't too obvious, so I grabbed my MoYou London Fashionista 08 plate and stamped the same design across all my nails using Barielle Barefoot In Bermuda. I skipped top coat to maintain the satin finish. I think it kind of reminds me of scrapbook paper. ^^

Verdict: Overall, I'm a fan of the satin finish and can't wait to try the others from this collection.

Availability: The Zoya Naturel Satins collection is currently available at Zoya.com for $9 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)