Monday, May 12, 2014

[Review+Swatch] OPI Muppets Most Wanted Collection



Hi everyone! Today I have swatches of OPI's Muppets Most Wanted collection! Sorry about the limited layering swatches, but I hope you still find them helpful.


I Love Applause, 3 coats: sheer, light pink crelly/creme. It applies like a crelly but builds up to a creme finish. Mine applied a little uneven at 2 coats, but the third coat fixed that.



Int'l Crime Caper, 1 coat over I Love Applause: very sheer white with pink shimmer and blue sparkle. Brush strokes are a bit visible, but over a light color it's hard to tell. It might be different layered over a darker color.



Let'd Do Anything We Want, 2 coats over above layering: fine metallic rose pink and matte white glitter, as well as medium matte white squares. This one's prettier than I expected it to be. It looks great layered over I Love Applause and Int'l Crime Caper. The white squares require a tiny bit of fishing, but other than that it applies easily.



Chillin' Like A Villain, 4 coats: sheer, pale peachy nude. This one comes off more orange on my warm skin tone. It's not unflattering, but not exactly flattering either. Still, it's pretty, and I think it'd look best on those with a bit of pink in their skin. When I first applied this, I thought it looked good at 3 coats. But in the sun, it looked streaky, so I ended up doing a fourth coat.



Gaining Mole-mentum, 1 coat over Chillin' Like a Villain: pink, silver, gold metallic shard glitter. In the sun, the shards all just kind of look silver, but in the shade you can pick apart the colors better. The glitter is dense, so one coat is all you need. Applies well too!



Miss Piggy's Big Number, 3 coats: glowy metallic blue with subtle duochrome. There's a slight shift to blurple depending on how the light hits it. Very pretty, but the brush strokes bother me. It reminds me of Into The Night from the Spiderman collection, but compared to that it's a brighter, truer blue.



Muppets World Tour, 2 coats: very fine silver, fine matte white and gold glitters. There's also a sprinkling of small pink and blue glitters. This one is super dense, so one coat is really all you need. I just did two to get more pink and blue glitters on the nail. I love this combination so much! Reminds me of prom dresses for some reason. :)



Kermit Me To Speak, 4 coats: purple to yellow-gold duochrome. This one's a bit sheer, but looks fine in 3 coats. I just did four for pics. The duochrome in this is more apparent than it is in Miss Piggy's Big Number. See the angle pic below to see the shift!



Verdict: This collection seems to fulfill OPI's yearly spring sheers release. It doesn't seem inspired by the movie. While I was willing to let it slide with last year's Oz collection, this time I really wasn't wowed. I like OPI's sheers, but I think their previous releases were better in terms of color and formulation. For the most part, while still pretty, the colors feel too recycled. It makes me wonder which movie will become victim to OPI's sheers collection next year.

Availability: OPI is available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, jcp Salons, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, ULTA and ulta.com for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)