Monday, November 26, 2012

China Glaze Deviantly Daring

I dropped by Sally Beauty Supply a few days ago for non nail related reasons, and of course, I came out with a few polishes.  I finally found the sale rack at my Sally's!  I can't believe I never saw it. -_-  I seriously just had to turn around.  Anyway, I noticed a few China Glaze polishes I wanted in the racks for $3.29 each and came away with two.

Lately, I've been curving my impulsive polish buys.  I must admit, the crazies have transferred over to makeup instead.  But makeup costs more, so I've been doing more planned purchases than impulsive ones.  I'm also saving up for the China Glaze Hologlam collection, so I kind of do an either or thing: this or Hologlam?  Hologlam usually wins.

So here's the first polish I got!


Deviantly Daring, 2 coats: a green-teal-blue duochrome.  Even though there's three colors, the green is a bit elusive, so I wouldn't call this a multichrome.  It's also a more subtle duochrome.  Rather than seeing two colors simultaneously on the nail, I noticed that the polish as a whole shifts from teal to deep blue depending on how the light hits it.

I got this polish knowing the duochrome wouldn't be super strong, so I was actually more impressed than disappointed.  I think the color is gorgeous, and it's more duochrome than I expected it to be.  The formula was excellent as well: good consistency and two-coat pigmentation.  The only downside is brushstroke visibility, but that doesn't bother me much.  The above picture is in direct sunlight, and the rest below are in indirect sunlight.





Do you own Deviantly Daring or any of the other polishes from the Bohemian Luster Chrome collection?  What did you think of them?


Liz

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous color! I just ordered the last one in the collection I didn't have, No Plain Jane. The two Sally Beauty stores here didn't have the collection left and Ulta is still charging full price for them. I bought NPJ on Amazon for $5 :D I think I may water marble with the entire collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed on this collection - though I will say Deviantly Daring looks very pretty on you! For the most part the colors just weren't my thing, and I already have a bunch of 'chromes that aren't getting much use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sally's actually has a rack for sale items? Gads...the Sally's I have been in toss them on a table for a short time then they go into a TINY bin. 99% of the time there is nothing on clearance at all. The polishes always go in a few days soon as they are put on sale...surprised that this one was in there still...they cleaned those out a good 2 months ago or more. I want a Sally's big enough to have a sale rack! I also passed on this collection...for some reason I cannot wear these aqua teal shades of polish...I can wear them if they are cream only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice color, but i'm kinda disappointed with this collection, i thought that the duochrome effect will be more visible ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! And wow, a water marble would look super neat! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. They have a small rack with nail polishes on one side and beauty/makeup items on the other side. Until now, I didn't even know they had a place for sale items. I was actually looking for a table and I figured it'd be near checkout. It was across from the end of the polish isle. -_- I was actually surprised to see almost all of the Bohemian collection in the racks. They also had a lot of the ChG's Halloween polishes and Orly's glitters. Usually everything sells out quickly at my Sallys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, and I know what you mean. That's partly the reason why I initially passed on them, but I couldn't say no to this one at the sale price. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yun, The Polish HideoutNovember 27, 2012 at 4:48 PM

    This is so pretty! I had this color, but a friend saw it and really liked it, so I gave it to her. I might have to go buy another one for myself. :-)


    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is such a stunning colour! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it's worth owning if you're a teal fan. I'm going to have to warn you though that the duochrome is not that strong. If you're fine with that, definitely go for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. If your Sally store is like mine, the sale rack won't necessarily stay in the same place--sometimes mine has it up front, sometimes in back, sometimes nowhere (like now, when they fill the space with holiday gifts). Keeps things interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, no one told me it has legs. Haha, thanks for letting me know. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)