Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Vday Nail Art: SinfulColors Tutu & Quilted Hearts

Happy belated Valentine's Day!  I hope everyone had a good one.  I was going to post this mani yesterday, but unfortunately I got sick after class and had to spend the rest of it in bed.  The nice thing was when I woke up, there were Valentine's gifts on my bed. :)

Oh and thank you to everyone who left some feedback on my last post!  I guess I can't please every monitor, but I'll try to strike a happy medium.  At least I'm going easy on the saturation button now.  Hopefully this way, my pictures will be accurate on more computers. ^^

Now on to the pictures!

Quilted Hearts 06

Quilted Hearts 04

Base color: SinfulColors Tutu, 3 coats on accents, 4 coats on others.
Heart color: Milani HD
Design: Quilted lines, hearts, and holographic glitter on the crosses

I originally had swatch pics of SinfulColors Tutu but they were taken on a cloudy day, and I really did not like how they came out.  I think these pictures do a better job of showing what Tutu looks like.  Tutu is from the SinfulColors Heartbreaker collection and is a cool light pink with soft white shimmer.  The shimmer in Tutu is similar to the one in Bare, barely visible but enough to soften the color.  In terms of formula it ROCKS.  While it does apply a bit unevenly, don't fret because it'll even out beautifully in a few minutes.  The finish is interesting in that with 3 coats you'll get a more squishy jelly-ish look, but with 4 it becomes completely opaque and creme-like.

I've been looking for a pale pink like this, so I'm really happy about this one.  It's not that unique, but worth owning if you need a light pink.  I actually really adore this color (especially with the quilted nail art), so I bought a back up since I didn't see it in the main display.  It might be one of those seasonal colors, although I'm not sure.  I'm really not a pink person, so I don't know why I like this color so much. :P

Quilted Hearts 05

Quilted Hearts 03

Quilted Hearts 01

Quilted Hearts 02

Oh yeah, I also cut my nails down to nubs and rounded them.  I think I'm in a round nail stage right now, but I have to admit square nails do photograph better.  I'm hoping to grow them out and make them a bit more oval.

Well, I think I talked a lot in this post, so I'll end it here.  Let me know what you think of the nail art in the comments below! :)


Liz

37 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! would u consider a tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful, I love your manicure ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! I'll post up a step by step tutorial as soon as I can. It's actually not that hard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love love love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, this is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the nail shape suits your hands, that is one kick ass mani!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous design!! love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love it! Such a cute design and the colors are so perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria Elena GollidayFebruary 16, 2012 at 1:19 PM

    i love this! with the colors you used i'd of thought that this would be a sugary sweet look... but somehow it comes across so edgy! when you post the tutorial i will give it a go, Ria :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab photos! Love the Tutu with the hatch lines and the hex glitter especially on this design...you could repeat that for non holiday anytime. It looks fresh, clean and well just great! Thanks for letting me know I need to give Sinful more of a chance...I keep getting watery ones that act like they won't level and will need 4 coats & still chip fast. This Tutu shade looks a lot like the pale Kardashian Kolor from the holiday set - think it's called Kim-a-Plenty..it also is a ballet pink with a really light silver glitter you have to look close to see it. I have always liked ballet pink with black and silver - but then I danced for years. Maybe that's it - those regulation colors - but also they remind me of the pink twin set sweaters and a black skirt from the 50's that was so in Vogue!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes!! thank u so much

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice and cute mani! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! I hope you liked the tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think the Kardashian Kolor pink is called Kimpletely in Love? I believe it's different from Tutu, since that one has blue shimmer in it. And definitely give Sinful another chance! :) I think their formula is improving, but it's good to do a little research on the shades you want before you buy it. Usually their cremes cover pretty well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)